Tuesday 25 February 2014

Future worlds

So it's been at least a month since I last did a post.... I suppose exams and drama keep me busier than expected! But hey, better late than never! 



I am writing today to talk about an amazing event I went to late last year known as 'Future Worlds'. It was at the Royal Exchange, Manchester and (although my memory is slightly fuzzy), was a performance event showcasing music and poetry from local mancunian artists. 



I went to support my friend, an actress who has recently gotten into spoken word and, despite being entirely stressed out by the amount of work I had piling up, I was hugely glad that I was able to take a few hours out to just enjoy the exhibition. 


Although I wouldn't really call myself a poetry/spoken word fan, I was entirely impressed by the lyrical and frankly quite amazing display at the event. Not only did everyone manage to interpret the theme (Future Worlds) in so many different ways, but also able to raise really interesting themes and concepts. 


It was definitely a wonderful experience and was also entirely free! I shall definitely be checking out more spoken word performances! 

In the mean time, I just wanted to offer a belated well done to everyone involved in Future Worlds (and a small shout out to Contact Theatre's Spoken Word group) and that I cannot wait to see more! 

Till next time ~

No comments:

Post a Comment