Thursday 12 June 2014

End of an Era~

WARNING: WILL BE SOPPY AND MORE THAN EXCESSIVELY NOSTALGIC AND DIRECTED AT A VERY SPECIFIC GROUP OF PEOPLE
(However if nostalgia isn't acceptable on a blog, I don't know where it is.)


And so, another year has come and gone. 

(My housemates and I after our first/last house meal)

So this adademic year has come to a close, and with it, so has our house. For the past two weeks or so, people had slowly been moving out of Manchester and back to their homes, either getting ready for summer or starting up their new life for the next year. As for me, this summer is about getting ready to start a new journey as this is the year where I go abroad as part of my course, first to Germany, then to China. So I can't help but feel a little nostalgia for the past two years as they really have been some of the best years of my life. And, whilst I do recognise that at my age that might not mean a lot, and that there will be many, many more good times to come, I feel a little sad that this is over already. So, this post will be photo-filled, just commemorating the time I had together with my housemates (including our 'other half' of the Dalton-Ellis group). Another reason for my wanting to write a post like this is because I realised that, whilst I go on and on about how amazing my uni friends have been and acting people and London people, I never really got a chance to express just how great my housemates/'DINNER PARTY PARTAYYYYYYY' friends have been these past two years and so I thought I'd do a huge big blog post about it! These events are what really stuck out for me, but obviously one post cannot encapsulate a whole years worth of memories. :)

*Insert soppy acoustic music*






































Finally, I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you. You were all really great housemates and even better dinner party guests/hosts and I will really miss you a lot next year. I hope your summers and terms are all fabulous and all the best for the future!


Here's to another great year :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment