Thursday 26 June 2014

Flutter By, Butterfly~

The Natural History Museum: Sensational Butterflies Exhibit


Whilst location scouting for the last film, my friend and I went to the Natural History Museum, as that is where one of the scenes is filmed. However, I quickly got distracted by the Sensational Butterflies Exhibit after having seen the posters plastered all over the tube lines!


A wonderful exhibit, you walk into the tent and there are just... butterflies EVERYWHERE! With the warmth and sunshine streaming through the tent, it is a lovely experience. I spent the entire time with my friend, dancing around like a child, gasping every few seconds when I spotted a new type of butterfly (some of which were HUGE!!!) before spending a good half hour standing very still to try and encourage one to land on my arm. Needless to say that didn't quite work... (so next time I will wear my flower garland ;) )



I don't really know what it is about butterflies that I have always loved.... Obviously they are very pretty and very delicate... But I really could watch them fluttering around for hours. It's just a happy thing to do, I suppose. If that makes sense? Maybe relaxing is the better term.



Not to mention the fact that there are not only a huge array of different breeds flying around you, but also you get to learn about the different types of butterfly, the stages of growth (they even have a section to see the different stages of the cocoon-ing process! And yes, I realise cocoon-ing is not a word...)



So yes. If you have a free afternoon or even just an hour or so, do go wonder around the Sensational Butterflies exhibit. It is really interesting and enlightening, but also relaxing. A chance to let out your inner child and just take some time to appreciate nature's wonders - something a lot of people believe to be difficult in the built-up capital city that is London. 


For more information about this exhibit, just click HERE.

And that's all folks~ 
Until next time :)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment