Tuesday 20 May 2014

Come Dine with Me: The American Experience

Red cup anyone? 


As I said in a previous post, my friends and I started a series of girls nights out in order to distract ourselves from the horror that is exams. For some unknown reason, I decided to write about them reverse to how they actually happened.... So yes, this is the second Come Dine with Me. 

If you hadn't guessed already, the dinner was American themed, as my American friend was appalled at our lack of knowledge on American food. 

Firstly, we all swapped out American themed presents and goodness was I happy with my haul!! 

(American flag themed leggings!!) 

Needless to say I put them on straight away... 


Next, the menu! 

Firstly for starter we were served sliced bread with mozzarella ball salad and some lovely olive oil + balsamic vinegar mix. 


Whilst I had never been a fan of salad, this starter was absolutely perfect to get me ready for the main which was... 

Mac and cheese, and not the tinned kind! 
For some reason I keep forgetting to take photos of the main... But rest assured, it was absolutely delicious (I was eating leftovers for about a week ;)) 


Desert was the mysterious 'dirt'n'worms' dish, made of crushed Oreos, chocolate mouse and jelly worms! 

 (Isn't it just adorable??) 

And finally, we ended the night with one of my new favourite card games of all time, 'cards against humanity', which if you haven't played, I highly recommend!


Other than that, the night was just filled with relaxation, fun and inappropriate nails considering the theme

And that was our evening! 

I hope I've inspired you to try a 'come dine with me' dinner party series (I mean, free food....) and hopefully will write soon! 

Bye~ 






Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment